Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Let it be

It's hard to believe that at this time last year I was planning to move to Nashville, Tennessee. I was not necessarily completely unhappy with my life here, in Illinois, but I was ready for a change in my life and I didn't feel like I had anything here that I couldn't leave behind.  I was willing to pack up everything and move for the summer to a place I knew no one, with my best friend along side of me. I wanted to experience new things, meet new people, live on my own, and maybe even find the place I belonged. Moving to Nashville didn't happen last summer, and I know now there's reasons it didn't. So much has changed since then and it's weird to think just a year later I can't imagine packing up and moving somewhere just for the heck of it. I can't imagine leaving the people here behind. My life has changed so much that now that I'm so happy here, I don't feel the need to get out of here anymore.

I'm not super religious by any means, but I know God didn't let moving to Nashville last summer happen for a reason. I had an AMAZING summer staying in Illinois and none of it would have happened if I would have moved. Maybe I would have had an amazing summer there too, but maybe it just wasn't the right thing for me. I can't help but think of the what ifs in this situation.  What if I would have moved there and not wanted to leave?  What if I would have stayed there and spent the rest of my life there?  But the biggest what if is what if I wouldn't have come back and would have never gotten the chance at the relationship I'm in now?  Back then I thought moving was the best idea ever, but I'm glad God works in mysterious ways.  I will say, I was completely devastated when the move didn't happen, but now that I see why it didn't and see how great my life is now, I'm sort of glad it didn't happen.

I'm not saying living in Nashville would have been bad, I just know now it wasn't right for me.  I think it's a place that's meant for me to visit, not live, and I'm completely okay with that.  I'm learning to go with the flow, because after all, whats meant to be will be. <3

Until next time, 
Kelsey  

No comments:

Post a Comment