Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Maybe it's fate

                                       Nothing ever happens like we imagine.




It's still weird to me to think about how different my life is now and how everything is turning out. I've said it before and ill say it again, if you would have told me a year ago that all of this would be happening, I wouldn't have believed it. 2013 has been the best year of my life so far and I feel like everything has changed so much; I've graduated college, got my first "real" job, and met the love of my life (yup I said it, I think he's the one.). The last change is the one that I believe has changed me the most and also the one that is still hard for me to believe is happening. Our story is far from your average story and an interesting one to tell.

It all started about 7 years ago. I was just a 13 year old girl going sledding, on valentines day, with my two older brothers and their friends. I was used to hanging our with their friends and it was nothing out of the ordinary, but this time their friend I had a crush on was going with us. Now you might think my crush was my current boyfriend, Tim, but it wasn't. But Tim was there! I was so distracted by my crush that it didn't phase me when Tim would say little flirty things to me, even though his then girlfriend was with him. After he learned I had a crush on his friend, every time I would see him he would talk to me about him. 

Then about 3 years ago I saw Tim again for the first time in years. The instant I saw him I got the biggest nervous stomach ache ever. I never thought anything of it then, but now it kind of makes sense. 

Now fast forward to December 2012, when everything actually began. I saw Tim at a local dance club we both go to, but opted out of saying hi to him in fear he wouldn't remember me. Then a couple weeks later I got a random message on Facebook from none other than Tim. He flirted and said he wanted to take me to the movies. At first, I thought this was a terrible idea. In no way, shape, or form would it be a good idea for me to go on a date with my older brothers' friend. He gave me his number but I chose not to text him right away. (In my defense, I did at least save his number to my phone.) 

A few days later I decided to text him. I don't know what changed or why I did it, but I did. And little did I know that was going to be the beginning of something beautiful. 

I've always been a believer in soul mates and fate, but I never thought I would know mine so many years before I found out it was him. We knew each other for 7 years before anything happened and I always wonder if God was just waiting for the perfect time to bring us together romantically. I know now the butterflies I got 3 years ago weren't just a coincidence, and I don't think even then was the right time.

                                                

Texting him was the best choice I've ever made, and I think I can finally say I've met my soul mate. I can't wait to see how my fairy tale turns out. <3



                                     

[This video has lots of meaning.  Tim McGraw was the first concert Tim and I went to together (actually the only one so far) and I had chills during this song standing next to him.  It was a really special moment (oh Lord lame I know!)]

Until next time,
Kelsey



                            

No comments:

Post a Comment